Receptionist/ Office Administrator Vacancy
We are hiring a receptionist/office administrator to add to our team! We have SUCH a lovely group in the office and can't wait to meet the next right candidate. Please email email@example.com and submit your CV and ideally cover letter. Looking forward to hearing from you soon!
Successful candidates will have:
- Horse knowledge/equestrian experience
- Previous experience in office administration, client/customer services, general office duties (including filing, computer admin, incoming/outbound telephone calls etc)
- An interest in veterinary-related admin duties where training will be provided
- An ability to work well under pressure in a busy office, prioritising workload whilst maintaining a warm, friendly & calm environment
- Computer proficiency
- A positive, can-do attitude with a high level of organisational skills and ability to multitask/prioritise and work under time pressures. A sharp attention to detail is vital.
- Answering phones - client servicing (making, editing and confirming appointments, collecting payments, client queries, managing emergencies, prescription requests etc.)
- Communication with vets - liaising consistently throughout the day to ensure smooth running of their appointments
- Using computer practice management system to manage diary and client data
- Opening incoming post and preparing/posting/arranging collection of medication/prescriptions for clients
- Medication/Pharmacy ordering through our bespoke online system
- Taking delivery and unpacking supplier orders
- Liaising with referral equine hospitals and laboratories
- General letter typing, spreadsheets, filing, etc.
- Potential for specific areas of responsibility, e.g. purchase ledger roles / reconciling statements, banking, debt management tasks, managing client passports / microchip registrations, sarcoid admin procedure, managing vaccination reminders etc.
- Contributing to credit control when making appointments for clients
- General office cleaning and tidying eg emptying bins. Vet equipment cleaning when required
£10.00 per hour £18,200 per annum
Practice Manager / Directors
Terms & Conditions of employment (key points):
- 20 days annual leave plus bank holidays per annum.
- Working hours: 35 hours Monday to Friday from 10:30am to 5:30pm (with flexible availability for holiday or sickness cover)
- Overtime available to cover holidays / sickness shifts for others. Additional holiday allowance available if overtime worked. Plus your birthday off, and staff discounts/perks.
- Pension scheme + Employee benefits package
You can download details of the position here.